Here is the recipe for a Southeast Asian-inspired noodle dish that I made this morning for breakfast withÂ DCR and Kris.
- Cook a half package of brown rice fettuccine according to instructions. This is about a handful of dry noodles, which was enough for 3 people for a breakfast, or maybe 2 people for lunch/dinner.
- In the meantime, combine in a large bowl: 1/4 cup unsalted organic peanut butter, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of honey (or brown sugar), 1 minced garlic clove, 2 thinly chopped scallions, juice of 2 limes, chili oil (or sesame oil) to taste, red pepper flakesÂ and black pepper to taste.
- Totally optional, but you can also crack a raw free-range egg into this mixture, or put in a dollop of mayonnaise for extra richness. This morning I used some leftover chipotle mayonnaise.
- When the noodles finish cooking (about 10-12 minutes), drain, rinse, and combine with the sauce mixture. You may need to add some of the cooking water to thin out the sauce.
- Serve with fresh basil, mint, or other fresh herbs or greens that you have around. We had basil and mint this morning. We just ripped up the leaves and mixed them in with our noodles.