When I lived in Japan, I played keyboards in a girl-rock cover band called “Nobuko and the Stone Buddhas” (or “The Stone Buddhas” for short). We were active in Oita Prefecture around 2004-2005. The band was named after the famous Stone Buddhas of Usuki (Photo above by Tanaka Juuyoh) Here are some MP3s of recordings we made in a rehearsal studio in Nakatsu City, where I lived as a JET Programme participant. Download all tracks (ZIP).
- 32 Flavors (Ani DiFranco cover)
- What’s Up? (4 Non Blondes cover)
- Daffodil Lament (Cranberries cover)
- Mood Swing (Luscious Jackson cover)
- Sunday Morning (No Doubt cover)